Monday, September 7, 2015

Checking in...

It's been a crazy few weeks here, and with school starting, and my fitness journey taking a new turn - it's been quite fun and interesting.

For a while there, it seemed like things were just humming along at a pretty boring pace...  You know - just the same ol' same ol'...  but now that I've added running to my journey, the same boring stuff has taken on new meaning and focus.

My eating is still pretty good, most days...  I try really hard to still focus on eating non-processed foods and very little crap.  Although, sometimes it's really hard.  Doing my best is still better than doing nothing at all though.

My weight lifting has been awesome!  I think that lifting weights is super important for my running, and just my over all fitness.

And lately -  I've been doing a little walking and a little Walk Away the Pounds, depending on my schedule and time...  And, of course, my mood.  I am trying really hard to do the things I "feel" like doing and not necessarily things I "have" to do.  There's a difference. 

And, my running is improving - I am very excited about this.  I am still very slow - but as they say - I am still lapping everyone on the couch...  So?  It's a great work out for me, and something I enjoy doing immensely - especially when I am done.  I no longer have sore knees or feet...  Although - I am diligent about stretching after and icing after.  I think this is super important. 

I have my first race coming up, and I am beyond excited about this - this is something I never thought I would or could do...  So, just knowing my body is strong enough and my endurance is up - it's just a great thing and something I am very proud of. 

 
In other news...  I have my first Disney trip of the year paid off.  Woohoo!  Only 2 more to go...  I am very excited for all of these trips - as all of them are with very important people in my life, and to be able to experience Disney with all of them - well, it's going to be fabulous!



And a final photo...  I love this picture...  My shoulders, arms, neck and face... Not to mention that this is my youngest daughter's tank top.  Just all of it thrills me beyond belief...  I've worked so hard to get to this point, and to become healthier.  I just never thought I would be here at this time in my life...  I see this as such a great accomplishment.  Sometimes I get stuck on what I still have left to achieve, but then I remember how far I have come, and the amazing strides I have taken - and I am so proud of myself...  My independence, my self-confidence...  All of it.  I have never been happier in my life or with the people in my life.  It's just a wonderful time.   

 
I seriously have so many things I am looking forward to in the coming months...  There are several races I have my eyes on...  I cannot wait to prove to myself that I have what it takes.  With my Disney trips coming up - I am looking forward to running in Disney - which ever resort I happen to be staying at...  But just to be in that place and to be able to run...  It's going to be magnificent!  I am also looking forward to running in the winter here...  Winter has never been a season I really enjoy - I tend to hibernate through much of it - but this year, I am really looking forward to getting out there and experiencing it like I never have before.  I've been eyeing different trails, and finding new places to explore... It's going to be an amazing adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment